GRAND CRU – EXTRA BRUT
£267 In Bond
£341 Including duties and VAT
Price per case of six bottles
74% Chardonnay from Cramant, Mesnil, Avize & Oger
26% Pinot Noir from from Ambonnay & Bouzy
AGED 5 years ‘sur latte’
DRINKING WINDOW 2022-2033
*Minimum order: £500 ex-VAT
The Éphémère 018 cuvée is only the second to be labelled under the Savart name; a worthy stamp of satisfaction.
Focusing on the buoyant 2018 vintage, the latest 018 edition is assembled exclusively with Grand Cru fruit from the Cotes de Blanc & Montagne de Reims. Powerful and incisive, the Chardonnay making for 74% of the blend is sourced from old vines in Cramant, Mesnil, Avize & Oger, while the remaining 26% comes from precious Pinot Noir harvested in Ambonnay & Bouzy. The resulting vin clair goes through a slow second fermentation, before ageing under cork over a lengthy 5 years period. A judicious dosage of just 3 g/l is then added to keep the acidity in balance, providing a delicious drinking experience from the get-go.
Another great effort from the Savart x Dremont collaboration, showcasing the regal status of illustrious Grand Cru terroirs of Champagne.
“There is a reason that Savart’s wines have become the darlings of sommeliers and wine geeks everywhere. They have a combination of vibrancy and flavor that are incredibly compelling. But more than that they display a fierce individuality that makes no apologies for itself, and it is this quality that sings in every glass.”
“Fred Savart is one of the more outspoken growers of his generation. More than that though, Savart has an enormous passion for Champagne and the greater world of wine that comes through loud and clear…Ambitious and passionate, Fred Savart clearly loves being in the vineyard above all else…it won’t be too long before Savart stakes out a place among Champagne’s top growers”