We are hiring - International Logistics Manager– London based
A fantastic opportunity to join a dynamic, fast growing Fine Wine & Spirits specialist.
We are looking for a full time International Logistics Manager with a strong experience in a relevant position within the wine industry.
Self-motivated and driven, you will demonstrate a real interest for the category and an in-depth knowledge of the industry.
Providing timely & cost effective service has been a primary focus for Wine Source since its creation in 2010. Proactivity and problem solving approach is the essence of our business, we encourage entrepreneurship and creativity to make every challenge a success.
- Managing shipments from producers and merchants, being the main point of contact with the suppliers during the preparation of the orders and monitoring all shipments until delivery.
- Liaise with suppliers to ensure orders are prepared efficiently, packaging is adequate and documentation is accurate.
- Managing consolidated shipments from European warehouses to serve our own offices in Asia and USA including liaising with 3PLs and freight forwarders to coordinate the operations.
- Managing international deliveries to clients with courier and dedicated services across the world network.
- Accurately tracking logistics flow on in-house stock control system and ensuring it is always up to date
- Managing the company relationship with all freight forwarders and couriers, including negotiating rates and checking they are invoiced correctly.
- Ensuring Customs paperwork is always accurate for every shipment across the global network of the company.
- Main point of contact for the merchant customers channel. Providing customer service, tracking full orders fulfilment and solving any operation queries
- Investigateoperational queries and provide resolutions
You Must Be:
- Detailed oriented, proactive and problem solvingGood inter-personal and communication skills to liaise with suppliers, logistics providers and our warehouses
- Deep knowledge of HMRC documentation processes and global customs requirement on wine shipping
- Able to work independently within the export/import process
- Understanding of road-freight, air-freight and sea-freight operational cycles including insurance processes
- Ability to work quickly, extremely accurately and effectively and manage changing priorities in a fast-moving environment
- Strong IT skills
- European languages skills would be beneficial, particularly French
- Reporting to Group Sourcing Manager•
- Office currently based in Central London
- Salary bracket £25K-30K depending on experience
- Health and pension benefits
Only candidates with a minimum of one year experience in a similar position (wine Importer, Wholesaler or agent) need apply.
Please send email to hiringUK@wine-source.com