Head of Asia for Private Collectors - Melchior Club - Hong Kong based
Wine Source Group is offering a fantastic opportunity to be the head of its new ultra high end wine services Melchior Club(tm) for Asia and to be part of a young and dynamic team in a fast growing company.
Proactivity is the essence of our business, we encourage entrepreneurship and creativity among our key management team. We empower and support to have a group made of the best experts in the industry.
We believe that Wine Source Group has developed to become a unique centre of expertise in the world of fine wines with access to the top wineries of the world at a level of partnership that few companies can compare. Even though this is a new role and a new setup in Asia, the company is today a leading player in London and a strong contender in the Fine Wines category in 6 geographies around the world.
Apply to: MelchiorAsia@wine-source.com
- Develop a network of private clients in the upper end of the Fine Wines market, designed for bespoke services for the most demanding wine collectors
- Interface with the local Asian management and the global Melchior team to design/curate and create unique experiences for our customers
- Develop the ultimate luxury brand in the world of Fine Wines, leveraging the Wine Source Group network of top chateaux, domaines, global chefs and luxury hotels chains.
- Develop the Mechior Club and Wine Source Group brands in Asia
- Develop a new entity in Hong Kong with a team that will support our business in this part of the world in the future. This is clearly a role of a local General Manager combined with an Asian responsibility of the Private Clients business.
- An in depth knowledge of all the Fine Wines category and private clients expectations in Hong Kong, mainland China and the other key Asian markets
- A good sense of communication across multi-cultural teams
- Educational level: Bachelor/Master Degree required
- Being very structured and rigorous in its day to day work, with a solid drive to meet deadlines, willingness to work in a multi cultural team where passion and energy are central to the company's success
- Having a solid network of high end private clients in the Asian region
- Ability to adhere to the business model of the company and become an evangelist to the market, this role will make the candidate the figurehead of the group in Hong Kong and China
- Natural curiosity, good communication skills are required to enable the candidate to be successful, being just good at coding will not be sufficient
- Being entrepreneurial in your thinking process
- Speak fluently English and ideally Mandarin or Cantonese as additional languages
- Reporting to the President of the Asian business and cross functionally to the Group CEO, this job is a senior position with the opportunity to become the future leader of our Asian business
- Office currently based in Hong Kong
- Expected earning bracket for this role will be very competitive, based on seniority, with a very rewarding bonus scheme
- The right candidate may aspire over time to benefit also from a stock plan which could substantially boost his future earnings